IEOT Portal


There are many career opportunities for occupational therapists in Canada. They work in many different places, including hospitals, private clinics, rehabilitation centres, nursing homes, in the work place, the homes of clients, and in community programs. They work with people of all ages, and may work with individuals or in a group setting.

Because occupational therapy is a regulated profession in Canada, every occupational therapist, including internationally trained occupational therapists, must register with the regulatory organization in the province where they wish to work. An occupational therapist may not practise occupational therapy while they are waiting to hear about their registration status.

As well, to practise in Canada you may need to acquire liability insurance. For more information about liability insurance, please contact the regulatory organization in the province in which you wish to work.